We all live in hectic times, rushing from home to office and then back home again where a long list of chores waiting for you. This leaves you with very little time to do things that you enjoy but that’s the way things are. You do not have to run the rat race, but to survive it. And maybe even better than the pure survival strategy.
Nevertheless, stress-management and thus utilizing stress are a release plus is very important for your work-life balance. Believe it or not – deep breathing can help you tremendously to reach inner calmness. It saves lots of energy and brings even happiness.
Here are some benefits of deep breathing, to reach inner balance and success in your endeavors.
- Deep breathing releases tension. When you get tensed, angry or stressed, your breathing becomes very shallow. This means that the brain does not receive the needed amount of oxygen. Thus you cannot think clear (literally) at that point of time. If you take a break, breathe deeply (for one, two minutes) the needed amount of oxygen will be delivered to the brain again and you can think clear again and the tension releases.
- Most people breathe at rest with only ~ 25% of their lungs capacity. A good new routine is needed. That can be created through regular breathing meditation. By doing so, you will start breathing deeper during the normal daily routine too. You can create a new habit as such – training therefore is needed.
- Deep breathing helps the body to digest better and assimilation of food in the stomach and the intestines.
- Deep breathing results in the expulsion of carbon-dioxide from the body and increases oxygen in the blood. It means that the overall quality of the blood becomes better. Also if you practice deep breathing on a regular basis, you will find that your lungs become more powerful and healthy which may help guard you against respiratory diseases.
- It boosts your immune system, means nothing knocks you down easily.
- Deep breathing helps in weight control, because it boost the metabolism and increases your energy level.
Wish you all success,