You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream – C.S. Lewis
Is there some place you want to go? Is there something you want to achieve in your career? Is there something you want to change about yourself? Is there some pain you want to overcome? Is there a goal you want to fulfill since long time? Have you been stuck with these for quite a while now? Well then, go ahead and create your bucket list! Yes, a bucket list.
What is a bucket list and why do you need one?
A bucket list is a to-do list of goals, dreams or things you want to do. It’s a pen-to-paper list of every vow you make, every wish you want fulfilled, every change you want to see in yourself, everything big and small that will help you make the most of life. A bucket list contains things you want to do before you die.
When you become busy with everyday life, you end up doing things on autopilot. Days becomes weeks and weeks become months and years. And before you realize, years have gone by, and you still haven’t accomplished your life’s goals. You live only once.
So creating a bucket list gives you a sense of urgency to achieve what you want to. Each time you look at it, it also acts as a reminder to things that are yet to be done. Here are a few things you can keep in mind before making your very own bucket list. Make sure it contains what means the most o you.
- Write down your list (hand written) – everything has to be achievable by yourself only (independent from others)
- Commit to it completely, without any excuses
- Think of the things you desire the most; list at least five of your burning desires
- Break your goals into smaller, more achievable ones.
- Keep it alive by adding, deleting, ticking off or even modifying every then and now
- Give your goals some realistic deadlines and take them serious; for example, connect it to some milestone (a birthday, year, month, or date). This acts as the much-needed push.
- Include others in your things to do. If it’s something to do with travel include someone else so that you are motivated to make it happen.
- Share it with people close to you so that you don’t just make the list and forget about it.
- Add some career goals so that you remain focused.
- Place it somewhere you can see everyday.
A bucket list can be a great motivator. It can change your perspective and help you focus on the things you should do and want to do rather than get distracted by the things you shouldn’t or don’t want to do. Each time you tick off things from that list, it gives you a sense of accomplishment of what you have achieved. It gives you a sense of well being and a life well lived.
So go ahead, make that list and make the most of your life.
Read also: The Ugly Side of Smoking
Jasmin Waldmann is a well renowned international Life Coach. She guides people of any age, occupations, gender or nationality to work on their charisma, inner balance, guide how to become more successful and boost mental and physical health – and this counts for business and private life. Jasmin helps in a team-character way to a life full of joy and satisfaction.
Share your feedback, questions, experiences and suggestions to email@example.com and read more articles here: www.jasminwaldmann.com/blog